The Nature Collective Playgroup
Hi Welcome to the Nature Collective Play Group, We are a group, supported by Lifeway Baptist Church, who care about getting our kids outside and giving them an opportunity to connect with the natural world. The focus of the playgroup is to make time for unstructured play outside.
Occasionally we will bring along a story and sing some songs before morning tea, but mostly our focus will be on active play outside in nature.
What should I bring?
– Good walking shoes for you and your child/children (gumboots are good for wet days as well as the beach in winter)
– A change of clothes and (if you like) a mud suit/raincoat to ensure your child is able to get wet and muddy.
– Something healthy to share for morning tea
– even just a piece of fruit is perfect. (you may want to bring something for an early lunch if you decide to stay out longer and play. )
– A drink bottle
– A bike/scooter/pram or carrier. Some of the places we will be meeting will have short walks and some have bike paths. When there is a bike symbol on the calendar there is a bike path.
What do I need to know?
– We believe there is no such thing as bad weather only bad clothing, so we will be heading out in all weather.
– Parents are responsible for their children’s safety and supervision at all time. This is not a program, rather it is a collective or a family nature club, a chance to meet with others outside.
– We would love your ideas and input. – Being a family nature club, there won’t be a set end time. This is about getting together and enjoying being outside to play, slowing down and breathing in the beautiful bright mornings.
For all the details and discussion join the Nature Collective online community at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1925758474153726/